Hi,

I’m still struggling with trying to get windows under VMWare Fusion to see the
line-in jack on my late 2014 Mac mini. One person in the group suggested I
double-check that VMWare Tools was installed, and it is, but still no line-in
jack. It looks like the only sound device that comes with windows under VMWare
is HDAudio, and for some reason it’s not picking up the line-in jack. When I
installed Windows under Bootcamp, I had a Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 108) driver,
and the line-in jack showed up just fine. I’m trying to get hold of VMWare
support, but to me it looks like I have to have a purchased copy of Fusion
before they’ll talk to me. Everything else I need to do in Windows can be done
with a VMWare machine on my Mac, so I really would much prefer not to have to
reboot every time I want to do tape transfers.

So if I can’t use VMWare Windows, I’m looking at Audacity 2.1.1. I understand
this earlier version does work pretty well with VoiceOver. Has anyone used
Audacity to transfer recordings from an external tape recorder of any kind? If
not, have you used any other software on the Mac? Finally, if anyone has used
Audacity, are there any tutorials out there besides the documentation that
comes with it?

Thanks so much for any help,
Pete De Vasto

list.