MaryJosh,
Have you used this scanner on a Mac running fine reader? I ask because the
blurb about the Mac version says that FR express supports only scanners that
don't use emulated drivers. If its not directly supported, you have to use
something like viewscan and then do ocr on the images afterwards. I don't know
about James, but I wouldn't find that process acceptable after using the
convenient 1-step process of K1000 or even something like fine reader on the
Windows side. There is a long list of Snow Leopard compatible scanners, but
none of them say whether they use emulated drivers.