This isn't really VO related, but, is accessibility related, but not too long
ago, I was in the Apple store and was trying out Pages on a machine there,
using Zoom, and much to my disappointment, didn't allow for cursor tracking
with Zoom.  I thought, well, so much for advanced word processing or desktop
publishing, If I wanted that I'd have to migrate back to Windows, Word, and
ZoomText, or just do simple word processing with Textedit.

On Feb 13, 2010, at 10:17 AM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

> I feel this is a great idea. It is time for us to speak out as a whole on the
> I Work accessibility issues especially with the I Pad having I Work support.
> On Feb 12, 2010, at 7:26 PM, Scott Howell wrote:
>
>> And I would point out that any concerns should be directed to Apple. THe
>> more folks have to say about these issues, the more likely they get
>> addressed sooner than later. I have been sending feedback to
>> accessibil...@apple.com and via support as well.
>> On Feb 12, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Both comments and styles work fine with vo and pages.  There are a few
>>> hang-ups however.
>>>
>>> 1.  Vo can't see bullets or numbers in auto bulleted or numbered lists.
>>> 2.  You can't use vo to read or do any operations on in-line objects:
>>> objects embedded in the document.  That being said however, you can read
>>> and use objects to a large degree if the are floating.  In the later case,
>>> they are in the lay-out area.  There ways to make an in-line object
>>> floating and there are indications that an object is present in a document
>>> because vo will say "hi-lited" hen you move the insertion point of it.
>>> 3.  Templates seem totally unusable to me.  Someone else might have a
>>> better handle on that but there seems to be things like text boxes with
>>> in-line text boxes.  So it's not a nice situation for vo.
>>>
>>> As it stands, I think that document creation using vo is very doable.  Due
>>> to the problems I mentioned however, I think that collaborative writing
>>> projects, or any situation where you will have to read a document that
>>> someone else did using Word, will be problematic.

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda