Hello E. T.,

Can you tell us exactly what your project actually involves?  This is to say,
why are you using Duxbury?  What is your goal?

I ask because knowing this should assist us in making more accurate suggestions.

Are you using Duxbury for Windows? Or Mac?

Why are you using MS Word with Duxbury? Is it because of Duxbury MS Word
template importer?

Are you creating new documents to use with Duxbury? Or are you receiving the
Word files from a third-party?  These are important questions that need to be
stated in order for a comprehensive reply, at least, in my opinion.

As others have stated, Pages can import and export documents from and to the MS
Word file format.  As long as the file does not contain any extended fonts or,
as long as the MS word file is saved with all of the fonts imbedded in the
document, you should not encounter any problems using Pages, all things being
equal, that is.

Another option you might consider would be to obtain an older stand-alone
version of Word for Windows, if Windows is your preferred platform; say, Word
2007 or Word 2010, or even Word 2013.

As I read this thread, I can't help but get the feeling that you are needlessly
attempting to reinvent the proverbial wheel.  (smile).

Mark