Do new macs even have this any more? I would think the EFI must have similar
settings to play with somewhere, but not sure where they are.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nicolai Svendsen
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:45 AM
  Subject: Open Firmware

  Hi guys,

  You can get access to Open Firmware by holding Command-Option-O-F down as
soon as you power on your Macintosh. Here, you can get information about
installed RAM, your device tree and so-forth. You can also simulate an
arbitrary size of RAM less than the total installed RAM in your actual machine.
You can also disable RAM sticks in your computer, though other RAM sticks will
run as before except those that are disabled.

  Here is my question.

  While you can run a telnet service  within Open Firmware, I am guessing there
is no accessibility at this point. Is the only way to actually Telnet through
to your Mac via another computer so you can receive the text? I'm guessing
that's the solution.

  Regards,
  Nic

  Skype: Kvalme