From: 'Janina Sajka' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, 29 March 2020 7:34 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: OT: anybody on the list using Linux in VMWare or on a separate
machine? Pls answer off list

Hi, Simon:

Yes, but not the graphical desktop of Ubuntu, and not the audio device drivers
either. Just the command line environment.

Learn more here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

Note I haven't tried this under bootcamp, though I'd expect it to work.

Note also that I choose my words above carefully. It strikes me that many
people don't grok the import of command line interface only.
Perhaps it's because the Terminal application available in the OS X Utilities
folder seems such an afterthought to many people--like--what a boring utility,
why would I ever want it?

Well, it's the whole ballgame of the Microsoft Substem for Linux, and it's a
powerful and major part of Linux (and really all starnix) environments. That's
where the power users hang out, not in the point and click environments.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka