Enter is not the same key as return. It often times does the same thing while editing text but for commands they are treated differently. On a full-size keyboard Enter is the bottom right on your numeric keypad. On My laptop it is the button to the right of the command key to the right of the space bar, or to the left of the left arrow key. So if Option-Enter makes a new page you need to make sure you're using Enter and not Return. Historically Return was mapped to the carriage return (CR) character while Enter was mapped to a linefeed (LF) character. Macs generally used CR as it's end of line character in text while Unix used LF and DOS/Windows required both. Yay standards! So back in the day before editors hid the nuances the different camps would complain about each other when they tried to move text files across platforms. Now days OSX is unix so we use LF for end of line, but maybe this is too much information <smile>

CB

William Windels wrote:
Hi all,
I have a strange problem with pages:

I was reading the manual of pages with the hotkeys to look for the command to
take a new page.

I found the command: command+enter to take a new page.
Unfortunately, when I was in the textfield, this command was not possible at
that moment (I hear a sound of vo).
  I was looking further in the manual with the hotkeys and I saw somteimes
return and sometimes enter.
Whats the difference between them?

After this strange experience, I was looking in the help and there was written
"pages 09".
But, when I was looking in the section about in the menu-item pages, I saw the
following:
Pages 08 version 4.0.3 (766).

This seems to be a contradiction?

So, what is the hotkey for taking a new page and , if it's important, what's
the diffference between a enter and a return?

Thanx in advance,

best regards,
William