  From: macvisionaries+nore...@googlegroups.com
  To: Digest Recipients
  Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:08 AM
  Subject: Digest for macvisionaries@googlegroups.com - 25 Messages in 9 Topics

    Today's Topic Summary
  Group: http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries/topics

    a.. kindle for the mac and iphone? [4 Updates]
    b.. itunes credit? [3 Updates]
    c.. virtual box for mac [1 Update]
    d.. why can I not see my full mac on my bootcamp partition? [3 Updates]
    e.. Office 2008 Accessibility [2 Updates]
    f.. Podcast Producer [1 Update]
    g.. Problems with logging into latest version of Skype [7 Updates]
    h.. Snow Leopard Help Viewer question [3 Updates]
    i.. Important changes to OCLC NetLibrary and FirstSearch Services [1
Update]
   Topic: kindle for the mac and iphone?
    william lomas <lomaswill...@googlemail.com> Mar 18 11:27AM ^

    this seems interesting

    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/03/18/amazon_kindle_for_mac/

    mani <mani.g.i...@gmail.com> Mar 18 06:55AM -0700 ^

    I wonder if it is accessible. It doesn't talk about accessibility on
    the Amazon website.

    mani

    Esther <mori...@mac.com> Mar 18 04:05AM -1000 ^

    Hi,

    I tried installing the Kindle for the Mac software, and it isn't
    accessible. But maybe some low vision users can report back on their
    experience? If you do get the app, you'll start up in the (unspoken)
    text field for your Amazon login name. Type that in, press tab, then
    type in your password and press return. But the only thing that
    VoiceOver announces if you get this working is "Scroll Area", and no
    amount of interacting, navigating, etc. gives you anything else spoken.

    There may be a reason that the Amazon website doesn't talk about
    accessibility.

    Cheers,

    Esther