I don’t know how it worked for you in the past, but opening TM from the
applications menu does the same thing as it always has for me. It opens the
interface, but you need the Window Chooser menu to get to the TM controls. The
only oddity I am currently seeing is VO doesn’t seem to interact properly with
the time line. I need to do some more investigating of this.

   As for opening Time Machine from the Finder, this can only be a problem if
you are heavily manipulating files and folders haphazardly. As long as you are
careful and you know exactly what it is you are trying to access, there are no
issues. I’ve access my backups through the Finder interface for years and have
never had any problems. It’s certainly a valid approach and is stated in the
ACSP training materials as a way to access Time Machine effectively.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/654BEA0A-8C5D-4D9D-A39B-5D96DC10EF98%40gmail.com.