From: "Ray Foret jr" <rfore...@comcast.net>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:47 AM
Subject: what I think

  While I don't blame people here for criticizing the NFB for its initially
bad review of Apple's Voice OVer, (a criticism with which I myself agree), I
must say quite frankly that I do not appreciate continued criticism of the
NFB after they've made a good effort in the December 2009 "Braille, monitor"
to correct many of their initially incorrect statements.  Besides, that's
not why I joined this list.  It appears that some of you want to criticize
the NFB for an initially bad review of Voice Over; but, not acknowledge when
they admit they made quite a few substantial mistakes and openly apologized
for them in the Monitor.  IF you make a mistake, you've got to be willing to
own up that you've made it and try to make good what corrections you need
to.  No.  The NFB is not perfect; but then again, who is?  Apple?  No.
Microsoft?  No.  Me?  No.  You?  no.  Look y'all, they made a very big set
of mistakes in their June review.  Only a fool would deny that.  but, let me
remind all of y'all here that in the December update, they did correct many
of their earlier statements.  Okay.  Maybe not all of them, but, enough of
them so that I think they deserve credit for having owned up to when they
were wrong.  But, seems to me like some of y'all can't stand to acknowledge
that they did make an effort to clean up the mess they made.  If that's what
this list is going to turn in to, I'm out o' here!!!  But, I'd rather think,
(at least for the moment), that most of the people on this list are better
than that.  I'm not saying y'all all have to become fans of the NFB.  All
I'm saying is lay off.  They did wrong, and, they apologized for and made an
effort to correct that wrong.  To me, when you commit a wrong very publicly,
(as in the June "Braille Monitor"), and then you just as publicly apologize
for it and make efforts to correct it, (as in the December "Braille
Monitor"), you've got to frankly acknowledge that fact; and, whether you
like it or not, they did!!!  Let's remember that shall we?

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!!!

Now A Proud Mac User!!!

E-Mail: