After installing webkit you will have a second app called webkit. There is no effect on Safari. So if you want the officially supported version launch Safari. If you want the latest greatest run Webkit. Each time you launch webkit it will check if there is an update and ask to download/install if it finds one (usually every 24 hours).

CB

Sarah Alawami wrote:
Now I do have a question. do I have to run the webkit.app every time I want to run safary from now on or just once in a while to update the fraimwork?

Take care.