Soren:
Thanks for this.  I'll check it out as well since I've noticed the slower boot.

Carolyn
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Søren Jensen
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:12 AM
  Subject: Re: booting taking forever?

  Hi.

  I had the same issue until I saw a weird application was starting up together
with the os. I think it was called something like CT helper and then some
digits. You can remove or disable these apps in the accounts settings in System
preferences under your account and under "login items."
  Best regards
  Søren Jensen
  Mail & MSN:
  s...@coolfortheblind.dk
  Website:
  http://www.coolfortheblind.dk/

  Den Apr 28, 2010 kl. 3:50 PM skrev Donna Goodin:

  > Hi all,
  >
  > Recently, it seems like my MacBook takes *forever to boot.  It used to boot
really quickly.  Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this, and how I
might fix it?