Tethering on the iPhone was apparently a carrier plan choice, not an Apple/iPhone choice. So in the states AT&T has chosen to not allow tethering. Of course those who jailbreak their phones can do whatever they want, but for those who play by the rules, there is no joy in Mudville.

CB

Thuy wrote:
Hi Scott, I think that in the UK, tethering is only possible if you
aren't  on the O2 network. I have a friend who is able to tether with
his iphone, but it's on Orange with a limited data plan. I'm with O2
and an unlimited data plan, but can't tether with my iphone.

Cheers

Thuy