  From: Sarah Alawami
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:36 PM
  Subject: Re: mail settings?

  Are you pressing vo shift backslash on the colomn yo want to sort by?

  Take care.

  On May 12, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Carolyn wrote:

  > Hi:
  > I learned to sort messages by date received, (my preference) while in my
training session.  But, that setting doesn't stick when I exit mail.  They then
seem to sort by alphabet, or sometimes by thread.  Is there a more permanent
way to have them sort by date?  Guess I'm too impatient to wait for my next
session to find out<grin>