Hi All,

My question is what do I need to do to have an internet connection when I replace my PC with a Mac.

I just got my MacBook Pro yesterday. I made it through the setup successfully. the Mac found my wireless home network, and I was able to type my password and connect without any problems. Since my desktop PC is showing signs of age, my plan is to move the PC out and use the MacBook Pro as my primary computer.

to have internet access, I've got two boxes. there's a wire from the wall to one box, from one box to the other, and from the second box to the PC. when I remove the PC, do I simply plug the wire into the Mac? Do I plug the wire into the Mac and make changes? Do I need a different box?

I'm clueless about this, so I'm not even sure if I'm asking in the right place.

thanks.

Ciao