You should probably find that in sharing in System preferences.  There is a
table with a list of services that you can check or uncheck to turn on or off.
One of them is web sharing or something like that.  Check the checkbox to turn
that on.  After that, Apache will run on port 80, so you probably should be
able to type http://localhost into Safari.  I'm not sure what directory you put
your HTML files in.