I hate to say this, and it is only my opinion, but I got a chance to use and
play with a VRstream back in November of this last year.  While it offers easy
accessibility for Blind users, I too found I was concerned about full
compatibility to my Macbook Pro.  I thought about what the device can do, and
think that, again, an Ipod touch could do just as much, if not more.  That was
even before eBooks were available for it.  YMMV, and now, btw I'm actually
thinking about the iPad.

On Jun 13, 2010, at 10:43 PM, Olivia Norman wrote:

> Thanks so much! I don't own a PC, nor do my parents, does anyone have any
> suggestions as to how I might get the computer authorized?
> Olivia
> "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" Steve Jobs
>
> On Jun 13, 2010, at 8:30 PM, Dan Roy wrote:
>
>> Yes, use a card reader with the SD card and you will be much better off.
>>
>> Once you have the Victor authorized for audible content, you will simply be
>> able to copy the audible book from your mac over to the SD card.  This will
>> be a simple cut and paste from finder.  the problem is authorizing the
>> stream to play the audible content.  this, it appears can only be done from
>> windows, because, Itunes doesn't support the stream as a device.
>>
>> So, if you can get the stream authorized for audible, you should be good to
>> go.  I hope this helps, right now, the authorization is a problem for me as
>> well. I had it originally, but, somehow I lost the authorization on the
>> stream.  I guess I will have to use my wife's PC to get it authorized again.
>>

>> On Jun 13, 2010, at 9:46 PM, Olivia Norman wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like all the VR stream FAQ's are based on a windows platform and
>>> having access to the windows-based audible software.  Is there a way to
>>> transfer audible content or really work with the stream with out windows?
>>> I'm going to buy one tomorrow, but wanted to check before I made the final
>>> jump.  I'm assuming that working off the SD card is my best bet, as the
>>> device itself doesn't work well with a mac?
>>> Olivia
>>> "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" Steve Jobs

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda