Olivia:  Bottom line concerning the Stream and the Mac...  You will be able to
do everything with the Stream, except authorize it for Audible.  Audible works
very very nicely on the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.  I believe you have two
of these.  The NLS player is really worth getting though.  I works great with
the Mac.  I downloaded 20 books and put them on it yesterday.  The Stream
really is a nice device and if you can get a discount through GDB, you should
go or it.  I believe you will enjoy it.  Maybe you can get a friend to help you
authorize it for Audible, on  a windows machine  if that   is a deal breaker
for you.