Olivia, I have the Stream and the Book Sense. I like the Book Sense better. It's smaller, can record in more formats right out of the box, plays NLS, Audible, RFB&D, all sorts of text files. It's about 1/3 the size of the Stream. The XT model even has an FM radio and blue tooth connectivity, of which the Stream has neither. Only drawback to this is it's somewhere between $400 and $500 instead of $329 or so. It works with the Mac very well for transferring files. The XT model even came with an 8 gig card and 4 gigs of internal storage, which is very handy. I hope this helps instead of confusing you further. I do believe you would still have to authorize it on Audible with a windows PC, but I'm not 100% sure of this one.