Bryan

If you keep sliding once you hear VO announce that an app is on top of
another app, you hear the normal beep, and the announcement of what
row and column you're in, just as you always did. Letting go at that
point causes the apps to switch position as usual. The only difference
is that you hear the folder announcement before the column one. That's
certainly how it seemed to be working for me the other day, at any
rate.