From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Busboom
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 12:44 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Getting Mail to behave the way it used to

Hello Anne,

I find myself delightfully concurring with your assessment of Rhonda's
awesome brain power; she is indeed brilliant!

Isn't it great to discover how just one little tweak can make all the
difference in the world?

Cheers,

Mike

On 30,Jun,2010, at 10:39 PM, Anne Robertson wrote:

> Hello Rhonda,
>
> You are brilliant! Thank you. It works a treat.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anne
> On Jun 30, 2010, at 10:35 PM, Rhonda Hornbacher wrote:
>
>> Hi Mac friends,
>>
>> I have found a solution that works for me when reading E-mail messages.
Under the mail preferences go to the viewing tab and check none. This does
not show the message header and goes straight to the body of the message. I
hope this is useful to others.

>> Have a great evening,
>> R&J
>> On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Anne Robertson wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Mike,
>>>
>>> I presume you prefer to read mail without the preview pane. In that
case, all the advice about VO-j is useless. Apple has broken Mail for those
of us who read without using the Preview pane. You have to either read line
by line with the arrow keys or interact then use VO-a to read the message.

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Anne

behaving slightly differently than it used to.

it.  I may have made some other changes as well, but the problem I am now
having isn't serious, but it's a pain, nonetheless.

to press Enter on the message I wanted to hear and Voice Over would
automatically begin to read the text portion of the message.  This is no
longer the case, and I'd love to know how to restore the old behavior.  Now,
I have to first interact with the text and then press VO A to hear the
message.  It is far more time-consuming than I would like.

earlier behavior, and thanks in advance,