Good morning Sarah
I too am running an XP Pro virtual machine under Fusion and do not notice the
sluggishness you are referring to. It is true that the VM does not run as fast
as a native machine, however I've managed to partially solve some of the issues
by having a faster hard-drive. Occasionally, I notice that performing a disc
and permissions repair seems to help matters. If you really need to utilize
windows in a virtual environment, I would make sure you have configured your VM
to utilize a processor with 2 cores and giving it as much RAM as you can spare.
Hope this helps.
Regards:
Hai