Hi.

I use Magic Jack all the time to call family and friends in the States.  While
the ability to call for free is great (well, I did pay the annual fee) the
program, in terms of friendliness leaves much to be desired.

I have found three ways to quit Magic Jack:

1.  From almost anywhere, go to the Apple Menu by pressing Voice Over M.  Arrow
down until you get to the "Force Quit" option.  Click on that and then interact
with the table that lists the programs that are currently running.  When you
get to the Magic Jack entry in the list, stop interacting with the table and VO
Right until you get to the option that lets you force-quit the program.

2.  If you don't want to navigate through the Apple menu to get to the "Force
Quit Applications" option, type Command Option Escape from anywhere, and you
will be put in the same program dialogue as in Number 1.  Proceed as described
in 1.

3.  My preferred way of quitting Magic Jack, since the Command Q never works is
to go into Finder and from there, find the Magic Jack volume.  Once there, VO
Shift M brings up a list of options, one of which is the command to eject Magic
Jack.  Press Enter on this option, wait a couple of seconds, and then remove
the Magic Jack plug from its USB port on your Mac.

I hope this helps just a little.

Mike