Hi Sarah,

First of all, if you are in your home directory you need to take the leading /
off the path.  / is the root directory and I don't think that's where you have
your Pictures folder.

  There are a couple of  ways to get there:
cd Pictures/"iphone pics"
cd Pictures/iphone\ pics

The best way is to use tab completion.  When working with files and directories
on the command line, tab completion is your friend.  Just type enough of the
letters of the path and hit tab.  You may have to repeat it several times for a
long path.    Also, remember that it is case sensitive.  the ~/Pictures starts
with a capital p.

Strictly speaking, unix is case sensitive.  The file system that OS10 uses
isn't, but the tab complete is.

The command line has it's quarks and just takes a little practice.  I think it
is worth it though.
Hope that helps.