Hello!

TO answer Geoff's question thoroughly.

Skype online numbers are treated as landlines. That of course means they cannot
receive text messages, but calls only. However, if you call a phone number with
your area code and you have an online number for that country and area code,
you will only be charged local rates. This would apply as well if I had a Dutch
online number, even if I live in Denmark as long as the number is attached to
my account. I would still be charged Dutch rates if I called in the area near
Berlicum, for example.

You can send SMS to any number around the world, however, at standard rates
that Skype charges. If you have a US number attached to your Skype account, you
will be charged local text message rates. This never seemed to apply
whencalling except when I have an active online number.

Regards,
Nic
Mobile Me: nic2...@me.com
GoogleTalk: chojiro1...@gmail.com