If re-seating doesn't fix it then maybe it's time to do that memory upgrade you've been dreaming about, assuming it isn't already maxed out. I've used AppleCare twice to ship a macbook for repairs and the process was quite good. They fedex a special box, you put it in and they pick it up again and then ship it back fixed. Of course a local Apple store would be a tad easier.

CB