Hi Robert,

How do you perform a control click? I've been looking for the answer this week. I now have ways to get around it but the actual control click using voice over still is a little mystery. How do you do it? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Hooper" <hooper...@buckeyemail.osu.edu>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 7:48 AM
Subject: some general question

I realize that some or even all of these questions may have been covered on this list already, but as I am the recent recipient of a Macbook Pro, I have come across a few things to which I would like some answers conveniently placed in one message: 1. How do context menus work on the mac? So far, I have been routing mouse to VO cursor and pressing CTRL+click. Is there a shortcut for this? 2. How do I get Voiceover to read the entire row of a table without first navigating to it and pressing VO+r? The reason for this is I would like all Mail message information spoken rather than just the date or subject line; and I would like it to do so without excessive arrowing. 3. DOes there exist a way to quickly check status items such as the date/time without first pressing ctrl+F8 and arrowing around the "extras"? This isn't really a huge deal, I'm just wondering. So far this computer is working out great and I am very satisfied. I have my Ohio State University mail set up and it uses Exchange (which is awesome). Could someone explain the process of "mounting" a hardware device? I know this refers to connecting and making available a hardware device, but what exactly is going on when such is happening? Finally, as I am new to the Mac OsX platform, what are some suggested programs in which I may consider investing time/money (word processors, spreadsheets, general computer maintenance programs, archivers, audio converters, anything of interest)? So far I have had one day with my Mac and, although I still must rely on my dell for important work while I learn the platform, I can easily envision myself straying further and further from WIndows as time progresses. I am glad this list exists, as it is a definitive and helpful community regarding Apple accessibility in general and contains a wealth of information on such. I appreciate every one of you willing to contribute and I hope to one day do the same:)
Sincerely,
RObert Hooper
hooper...@buckeyemail.osu.edu

P.S. This is being sent from my Mac's Mail program:)