Hi, You wrote:

> "2. How do I get Voiceover to read the entire row of a table without first
> navigating to it and pressing VO+r? The reason for this is I would like all
> Mail message information spoken rather than just the date or subject line;
> and I would like it to do so without excessive arrowing."

You can stop interacting with the messages table and use the up and down arrows
to move between messages, hearing all the information for each message as you
move to it.  Interacting offers some powerful features, but by it's nature
doesn't offer a very good overview.  So, simply stop interacting and you should
get the behavior you are looking for.
"3. DOes there exist a way to quickly check status items such as the date/time
without first pressing ctrl+F8 and arrowing around the "extras"? This isn't
really a huge deal, I'm just wondering."
There is, but it requires a little bit of overhead on your part.  You need to
set up the keyboard commander and turn apple script on in voiceover.  Then you
can assign keys to check things such as the time and date.  There's a complete
step-by-
step somewhere in the archives.

Hope this helps,

Erik Burggraaf
User support consultant,
One on one access technology support and training over the phone or in person,
1-888-255-5194
http://www.erik-burggraaf.com