hadn't considered growl for skype.

as for a live chat html page, I used to be able to use them when my eyes were
working (even minimally as they were) without a great deal of interaction (just
typing and reading). I find I can't function that way given voiceover's
limitations. take a look at the kingdom of loathing main screen (if you don't
have a player in that game, its free to create one). the chat pain is live
chat, but I can't seem to get voiceover to behave very well on it (it ;oops on
that seems to work ok with skype and adium. if it works with live chat html
pages, then I am gold. if not, I am not sure what else to do.

-Eric

On Oct 2, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Nicolai Svendsen wrote:

> [...]
>> have encountered this already). Another problem is some websites do not use
>> headers for their info, thus you are forced to hop from link to link to get
>> your info. Frames are a bit easier to handle but not always do they work.
>>
>> I haven't tried the latest openoffice. I had a version or 2 back that worked
>> nicely with voiceover.
>>
>> I wish we had some more features that could be switched in for active chats
>> and live scrolling web pages (irc style chats).
>>
>> fyi, the following apps do not work with voiceover at all:
>> mozilla thunderbird
>> mozilla firefox
>> virtualbox (however tts systems inside the VM work perfectly well)
>>
>> I still have problems with sky[pe for OS X, but I have a workaround for the
>> live chat screens.
>> I simply go into the html area (VO+shift+down arrow) page down to the end,
>> VO+shift+F3 to turn off cursor tracking. then VO+end to read the last
>> message (having the skype chime on for last message received allows you to
>> know when a message has arrived) and then you just hit enter to type in the
>> edit box as normal. you will have to hit VO+end every time a new message
>> appears but this works.
>>
>> -Eric
>>
>> On Oct 2, 2010, at 6:02 AM, Scott Ford wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>     I am working on a Mac book pro in win 7.  Unfortunately I keep
>>> finding myself having to do this.  Part is my inability to completely grasp
>>> voice over in a really efficient way.  However I feel to a larger part I
>>> cannot get the functionality that I find necearry to complete my work and
>>> university assignments.  For example last night I was searching for
>>> information on a pelit stove that I am working on.  I found a good and very
>>> informative site, however the mouse over functions were completely crazy.
>>> Nothing was folloing a sequence that I could replicate, finally just by
>>> clicking on every mouse over on the page all of the information was
>>> displayed.  I went into windows and discovered that the site was solid.
>>> This is only one event.  I very frequently find that this is occurring even
>>> in google of all places.  Many times the heading hot key does not function
>>> properly.  Can you tell me if you guys are running into similar
>>> frustrations?  I find similar troubles with the need for a good word
>>> processor and spreadsheet application.  I will not go into details right
>>> now, but I too am questioning how long before we can expect a bit more
>>> stability and a solid tool for productivity?  I love the sleek design and
>>> form factor in the mac, however I am not seeing the craze and mysticism that
>>> many folks are embuing the machines with.  I have found the hardware just as
>>> pron to wear and tare and failer as on a PC.  I will stop my rant and I
>>> really appoligize if I have offended anyone, that was certainly not my
>>> intentions.  I just want a bit of a reality check.
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Scott

>> Eric Oyen - N7ZZT
>> Phoenix Arizona