Hello all:)

                I recently acquired an external hard drive I wish to use for
backing up my old laptop. Furthermore, as I will be using Windows occasionally
as my transition into the Mac world progresses, I would like to use it as a
central location for storing things that I may use on both computers (music,
class notes, essays, books, pipe rench manuals, the Geologic Podcast, etc.).
Formatting this hard drive in the HFS+ (journaled) format doesn't work at all
for Windows. I know that Mac's can interact with hard drives formatted to NTFS
in a read-only state, yet can't write to them. I further understand that there
is some program which changes this. What would be the monetary expenditure (if
any) required for the procurement of such a program-and, upon acquiring the
program, are there any special instructions that accompany it (NTFS-3g) or is
the use of that program straight forward and transparent to the operating
system? Any help would be greedily received and the person giving it
indiscriminately unacknowledged and cruely dismissed...
Just joking, it's just that the phrase "greatly appreciated" is overused and is
beginning to sound tired and bland. Although any help would be received with
humble gratitude (too cheesy)?
I would appreciate any advice on this matter and apologize if this topic has
already been covered; due to the enormous amount of messages this list
generates, I tend to move them all to another folder and searching them can be
tiresome.
Sincerely,
Robert Hooper
hooper...@buckeyemail.osu.edu