Heather, be clear on the fact that it is not VO that needs to support Firefox,
but for Firefox to be made accessible for VO. There are a number of issues for
why FireFox is not currently accessible with VO, but this is not any fault of
Apple. The folks at Mozilla are apparently going to or were going to address
this, but they were looking for outside assistance. At least this is how I
recall the situation.
The framework is in place for apps to be made accessible for VO, which is a
little different from how it works on the windows side of things.