  From: Kevin Gibbs
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 9:50 PM
  Subject: What happens when you use a PC keyboard on a Mac?

  Dear All,
      I seldom visit this group.  My wife, who is sighted, and I have decided
to buy Mac Minis for Christmas.  I'm wondering if I can use a PC keyboard to
control my new Mac.  If I do, what complications will I encounter.  The reason
I'm asking is because I have three PCs in my office that use the same keyboard
through a KVM switch.  One of these, a decrepit PC laptop that I use to send
and receive mail, store my iTunes, and surf the web, is due to be replaced by
the new Mac Mini.  If I can use one keyboard to control them all, I'd be happy.
 but I'll understand if I can't/shouldn't try that.
      Is the Command Key interchangeable with the PC's Alt key?  What about the
Control and Option keys on the Mac?  I'm not discussing them as they relate to
being the VO keys.  By the way, what keys would you use as the VO keys on a PC
keyboard?  Can you do that?
      Since I don't come by the board that often, would you mind terribly
copying me privately on any responses in addition to your public postings so
that I am sure to see them while those who visit this forum more regularly
would still see the public posts?
  Thanks,
  Kevin