All,

I bought one of these three days after they came out, the 11.6in model, I used
it along side my new Mac Book Pro 15in model that arrived the day earlier.

I have subsequently returned the Mac Book Air, as it just simply isn't up to a
days full typing.
there's nothing wrong with the specification per say, its very fast, even on
the low end Air.. what is the issue is that there's very little wrist resting
area, so if you're a 10 plus a day hour user of one of these things you'll very
quickly grow tired of your arms beginning to ache given they've very little
room to rest etc.

the keyboard itself is the exact same size as the Pro, however, the F keys are
reduced in is, I found this irritating as I like to adjust the volume quite
often, and having a smaller key for this slowed me down.

I also don't like that they've removed the auto adjusting backlight on the
screen and there's no back lit keyboard, i appreciate that this doesn't matter
to all of us, but its a factor.

the sound quality is good, and when comparing to the original Mac Book Air
which only had mono, I'm glad to see that Apple has restored that situation by
machine the new Air stereo.

overall you'll be amazed at just how fin this thing is, ow quick it is and how
well made it is, but, I'm afraid for me, having a bigger drive, little more
power for the meaty operations I undertake etc, is worth it.

one other thing to note, if like me you keep your laptop computers mains
powered a lot of the time, I believe that the Air also doesn't have the new
Apple chipsets on the battery, meaning that it will become more susceptible to
over charging etc.

conclusion, my Book Pro is staying.

Neil Barnfather
TalkNav.