  From: Donna Goodin
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 6:15 PM
  Subject: Re: using speech commands on the Mac

  Hi Mark,

  the guy at the Apple store made it sound like a breeze, but so far I'm
getting nothing.  I may go back in and see if he can help me further.  In
either case, I'll keep you posted.  Seems like a really handy feature, I could
get into being Jean-Luc Picarde! lol
  Donna
  On Nov 28, 2010, at 8:11 PM, M. Taylor wrote:

  > Hello Donna.
  >
  > I tried working with the speech activation feature on my Mac but never had
that much luck with it, surprisingly.

  > I hope you have better luck with it than I.
  >
  > Mark
  >

  > On Nov 28, 2010, at 5:06 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:
  >
  >> Hi all,
  >>
  >> I was in the Apple store this afternoon and learned that you could give
spoken commands to the Mac.  so, I've gone into system preferences and turned
it on, and I did some work trying to calbirate the microphone, but I'm having
no luck getting the spoken commands to work.  Does any one have any pointers on
how to do this successfully?  I have it set up to be activated by spoken workd,
and have left the default setting of the word computer.