Hi Donna,

Well, I can use "Speakable Items" on my MacBook, but it doesn't work as well as it does on my PowerBook, where my statements are just recognized when I speak. I have to repeat some phrases multiple times for them to register. This would make it quite painful to play a chess game, for example, where after the first move command I had to repeat the next one three times. It helps to go through a calibration sequence under the Settings tab for System Preferences > Speech. There's a "Calibrate" button, and you read out test commands. But my MacBook still isn't as responsive as my PowerBook.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther