Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for providing the text case.  My configuration matches yours exactly (I
have 10.6.5 installed) but my results vary from what you and Ricardo report in
both Safari and the latest Webkit version.

When I launch the URL referenced below and navigate to the level 1 heading
containing text:
 "Immigration cap overturned by high court judges", I hear nothing as I press
the shift-arrow keys.  If I act on faith and press command-c, my clipboard
contents is not altered,.

Sorry for the implication that you did not test before posting, but our results
varied so radically, and your initial greeting of "say what" struck me as kind
of hostel and perhaps caused me to become overly emotive.  I'd sure like to
know what configuration is affecting this.

Best regards.
Geoff