Hi Joshua,
The easiest way I have found to make a bulleted list is to first type your list
and then use the inspector to add the bullets.

To do this, select the text you want to be in the list. Press CMD+Option+I for
the inspector. Make sure the text radio button at the top of the dialog is
selected. From here select the list tab and you will find all of the list
settings. You can created numbered lists this way as well.

Hope this helps.

Greg