From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Maurice Mines
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:44 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: bad language was Re: =What the Verizon phone means for Apple

You areIn a hello,I don't normally comment on things on this list. However I
am compelled to comment on this. Let's face it folks the other 75%
unemployment rate in the United States. Bad language scares potential
employers period so that is not mistaken that there is no possibility of
misinterpretation as the list moderator has said we don't know who's reading
this. Let me also tell you that lists like this are archived in many
different places. When you go to look for employment employers look at this
list if there's bad language you can cost people jobs and that only 30% of
blind Americans working in this country I implore you to please do not use
inappropriate and nonprofessional language. Because it will cost somebody a
job and I don't think that the participants and listless want to be having
somebody on SSI SSP I and other government support programs for the rest of
their lives simply because somebody doesn't know how to treat people with
common respect and refrain from inappropriate language. In short I agree
with the moderator, let's knock it off. To say that this thread disturbs me
in many different ways, would be an understatement. Let's move on. I'm not a
moderator, but if we're interested in all getting out there, and getting
meaningful positions of employment for those of us were not working, using
the target language is imperative. Thank you very much for reading this. PS,
I am using dictation software. As my tagline says some words they actually
come out and appropriately. However I think that you can get the inference
of what I am saying. I will not comment any further on this subject.
On Jan 12, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Scott Granados wrote:

> What's reasonable, who's definition of language?
>
> Why does your definition superseed mine?  Why do prudes always want
reasonable when their beliefs aren't and use some sort of artificial moral
high ground to brow beat others in to submission?

> What if I objected to the word piano because I had a bad Piano experience
as a child and expected you to be reasonable and not use the word piano?  If
this is acceptable then where does that logic end?

> At no time did anyone post anything that violated the FCC rules for over
the air transmition.  Even though I think the FCC is a bunch of stufed suits
that seems like a fairly reasonable template and anyone who objects to
content that fits with in that template is an old fuddy duddy of the highest
order.

> Heh
>
> Here's a brilliant idea with a lot of historical backing.  Instead of
silencing someone which is a very common practice in the blind community
lists especially why not use that delete key that's located in the upper
right of your keyboard?  Nobody loses in that situation.  You don't get your
pretty little sensibilities hurt and nobody loses their right to express
themselves.  Live and let live, turn the other cheek, all that mumbo jumbo.

> Good times!
>
> On Jan 12, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Marlaina Lieberg wrote:
>
>> I hope the moderators will follow through and move to read-only status
those persons who continue to disregard the very reasonable requests
regarding language.

>> Marlaina, a very happy A T & T customer who has never been treated with
anything but respect and professionalism by A T & T.

maurice amateur radio call sign,kd0iko.
 national Federation of the blind of Cole Rondo assisted newsline
coordinator, office phone 970.
373-3076 Northern Colorado amateur radio club tried Vander, newsletter
editor. University of Northern Colorado student e-mail address ,
mine1...@bears.unco.edu.
 note this message has been dictate by using MacSpeech dictate,  Some words
may be spelled incorrectl, may also be in the wrong context.
Please forgive any errors in the text of this communication.
Thank you very much forreading this.