From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Michael Busboom
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:26 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Send/Receipt requests in Mail

Thanks, Jim, for responding.

Everyone in my office, except for me right now, uses MS Outlook. I have been
accused of ignoring some mail that was sent to me, and the idea from higher up
is that if they know when I read their mail, they can justifiably know when to
expect my response.

There are totally different problems, however, and I know that I am not
ignoring anyone.  Nevertheless, the prevailing thinking  seems to be that if I
use Outlook's feature which allows people to know when I read their mail, I
won't ignore them.  It sounds petty, I know, and it makes me look stupid, but
there you have it, for what it's worth.

Mike