Hi,

We have been kicking around the idea of getting a couple of new macs for a
couple of weeks now since bothour pc's are not working that great anymore.
The main thing that is holding us back is our heavy reliance on Kurzweil.  I
am a grad student and we also use k1000 for scanning our mail daily.  I know
we could either do a duel boot system or run a virtual machine and then can
use k1000 this way on the mac, but I wanted to ask knowledgable folks first
about this before we jumped in.

We heard about another kurzweil product that is for the mac, but it's not
self voicing, and I don't know if vo works with it.   Does anybody have any
mac specific solutions that work well for scanning text books?  For scanning
the types we all get in the post?  I use the bookmark features in k1000
quite a lot, plus the dictionary a lot and have preferred it a lot for the
proof reading I do for book share over ms word.

Oh, that's actually another question, we were told that pages actually isn't
that great or useable...

Lots of this info is coming from people who don't use vo regularly.

For us, though, this scanner stuff is the only thing standing in the way.
We do have a old power book, but it's the old non intel mac, so we're stuck
running leopard on it, can't do a virtual machine or anything on it, it
doesn't support the magic track pad, and we can't upgrade to snow leopard or
anything beyond what we already have on it(we already called apple about
it).

Any help or anything would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Caitlyn