Hi Dane,

As long as Ihad something which I could scan a book into the computer
accurately, get it recognized, and do what needed done, yes, I wouldn't see
any problems with using an off the shelf product, as long as it worked with
vo.  I just use the book mark features, for example that are in k1000
whilest studying, for example, for marking important bits of text so I can
find them later on and obviously want something similar or close and I just
don't know what's out there.

It seems like the I work package comes close to what I have with office, if
not better, as long as it works with vo(apple says it does), so the only
thing that is holding me off from taking the apple plunge all the way is
this k1000 thing.  The kurzweil people said we could upgrade to the 3000
version which is made for the mac, but they forgot to tell my husband and me
that it doesn't talk!  We don't know if it works with vo, but the upgrade
would not cost us that much, if we did it that way, since we already own
k1000 v. 12.something.

Cait