Hi everyone,,

I've looked into the accessibility tools available in xcode, and there's an
intersting one which is the accessibility verifier which tests accessibility
defaults with the standard apple api and breaks down every element of a given
application, checks whether ax atrributes have been placed and what errors or
warnings come out of each.

For instance, i have tried opening an inaccessible synth called the swarmatron
and it warns of a lack of a focus on the main window, looking down into it, i
see all standard close minimize etc windows have ax attributes and the main
window has none. Maybe digging deeper into the structures of more accessible
applications, one can actually provide the classes used by the standard api and
send a schematic view with relevant classes to be inputted to the developers,
screenshots included?

I have recently been working with a drum synth developer in rendering his
application totally accessible and we are going through the initial steps of
testing custom accessibility for image maps for example, and he acknowledged
the fact that his own hierarchy of elements is much clearer with accessibility
plugged in as it allows for a very concise view of his pplication, cross links
and class hierarchies.

Maybe this is something to look into further and perhaps crowd source some form
of reference material beyond what apple offers to give a boost to some of the
more reticent developers?

I am talking mainly about sound application devvers whose interfaces are
commonly image maps with custom elements, however them being coded in standard
apple fashion.

The instance of the drum synth devver being able to quicly make custom
elements, and i echo his words "adding accessibility is not a difficult task
nor is it a slow process" means that provided a concise explanation or
mini-manual of the concepts of accessibility, with a section on the actual
advantages of having this structure added to one application, meaning elegant
universal code, this might break some grounds in multiplying or standardizing
accessibility on the mac ecosystem.

Going back to the workbench

Best regards,

Yuma