Hi Gail,

Welcome to the List! Some Mac Minis are harder than others to upgrade. Can you
tell us what model of Mini you have, the processor, RAM and hard drive size /
interface? You can find all of this info in the System Profiler application
found in your Applications / Utilities folder. Also tell us what exact version
of OSX you are running. You can find this by choosing the Apple menu and
selecting "About this Mac."

Cheers,
Bryan