Hi Gail,

Ashley's response regarding the older Mac Mini should work for you as far as
opening it up. I think the tool she was referring to is a putty knife.
Also, there are lots of websites that list the compatible RAM and hard drives.
My personal favorite is Other World Computing at www.macsales.com.
On that site, select the link labeled "Memory, RAM, SD." Then select Mac Mini
and then Mac Mini 2007 - 2008. There you will find more specs and options for
RAM and hard drive upgrades. A quick look shows that model can physically
accept up to 4 GB RAM but is limited to addressing up to 3 GB of that RAM.

HTH,
Bryan