This is not exactly true, though I fear the subject of this thread is
starting to drift far astray.  It is going to start getting a bit complicated
if I were to explain to you the several marketing factors that make your
asserted numbers very misleading.  Yes, without a doubt, the share of OS X
users compared to other operating systems, and that, by the way, incorporates
more than just Windows users, is significantly smaller, but, again, you have to
actually start to look at the numbers and break downs to see the shifts over
the last 5 years alone.

    Also keep in mind that Apple is one company making the operating system and
manufacturing the hardware.  How many PC companies are out there competing
against Apple and are forced to put Windows on to their systems by their
agreements with Microsoft?  Not to mention, how many other different operating
systems, aside from OS X and Windows are often included when people start
tossing around "market share" numbers?  It gets way too complex and, again,
this subject will start to drift into something far out of hand.

    Suffice it to say, examining overall trends worldwide over the last 5 years
clearly demonstrates that Mac OS X is swiftly gaining ground as, by way of
comparison, Windows  is shrinking.  Remember that while Apples 48 percent of
laptop market share this passed year and 25 percent of desktop sales equals OS
X users.  Additionally, a lot of these surveys used to generate percentages
does not consider the number of people who are running both Mac and Windows
simultaneously in their house.  And, of course, how many people are forced to
use Windows at work, but use Macs at home.  Then, of course, what the iPad has
done and will continue to do to desktop and laptop sales figures also is a
statistic that has not fully been grasped, especially when the iPad is actually
running on OS X.

    Lastly, as a final fact that is often not addressed, one of the major
differences between Apple and Microsoft in market data is how sales are
counted.  Apple only considers actual sales and activations by the end user in
their numbers.  Microsoft counts anything shipped to retail stores as "sales".
In other words, they don't consider how much inventory goes unsold and gathers
dust on shelves, as was the case with the Zune, Windows Vista and as currently
occurring with Windows Phone 7 handsets, Also, how many people take Windows off
their PCs, laptops or net books after the sale to use Linux or another
alternative.  No matter how you slice it, the trend over the last 5 years shows
that Windows use is decreasing while Mac OS X usage is growing rapidly.  When
Windows has owned the planet for some 15 years prior, breaking down that
mammoth volume is not an immediate figure as it stands on its own.

    Anyway, folks, my apologies for wandering.