Hi Thomas,
I agree, I've no issues at all with the UI of Skype 5.  I think the sighted
people primarily complain because it doesn't look graphically appealing,
something which I don't ever notice.  Also, the way certain things are done
changed a lot from Skype 2 to 5, and I can see some people not used to the new
ways of doing things.  I don't think it's as awful as it's been made out to be,
though.
Best,
Zack.