It is working for me on Lion. I did have some crashes before, but i
don't get crashes if i do exactly the following: 1. With quicknav on
interact with the page. 2. With the very next key bress put quicknav
off. 3. Then left and right works fine for skipping pages backward and
forward.

I've only tried it with Kobo books - but it should really work with
books from any store that uses Adobe epubs..