Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can verify my observations with Safari within Lion and the Item
Chooser.

I have noted that the Item Chooser, when exclusively used within Safari, seems
to for an inexplicable reason not pick up all items in the window, even though
the same site in Snow Leopard it does.

Originally I wondered if it was an issue related to content that physically was
being, or was not being, displayed on the screen, yet I have had sighted people
now watch the screen, and despite the link / button being physically visible on
the screen, the Item Chooser still fails to list it.

an example would be:

www.ukbusiness.hsbc.com

there is a logon button at the top right, what is interesting here is that Snow
Leopard Voice Over picks it up in the Item Chooser, not only this, but it
correctly lists it as logon, yet Lion not only fails to register its existence,
but also when I manually navigate to the button using Quick Nav or the
traditional VO arrows, the button is announced as L O G on. Now Lion's Voice
Over is correct here, the button is written out as LOG in caps and on in lower
case, so the pronunciation appears correct, even though SL never bothered with
this distinction, yet, Lion's Item Chooser cannot even recognise the button.

I've noted this behaviour all over the shop, not just with this site but with
hundreds of web-sites...

What is interesting is that it appears to be localised within Safari, as all my
other applications seem to work perfectly with the Item Chooser finding every
button, link, bit of text etc anywhere else.

Has anyone else seen this and do we have a solution yet?

many thanks.

Regards,

Neil Barnfather

Talks List Administrator
Twitter @neilbarnfather

TalkNav is a Nuance, Code Factory and Sendero dealer, for all your
accessible phone, PDA and GPS related enquiries visit www.talknav.com

e-mail: - serv...@talknav.com
Phone: - +44  844 999 4199