From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ricardo Walker
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:33 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Making an mp3 with lion?

Hi,

There's a couple ways you can do it.  You can convert with iTunes.  Open up
iTunes and then open up iTunes prefs with command
comma.  Then find the import settings button (which is found under the general
tab) and select the file type you want iTunes
to use for conversion.  Once you've selected mp3, and the quality you want,
press ok.  Now find the text to audio file in
iTunes and go to advanced in the menu bar.  You will find an option to convert
to mp3.  You can also interact with the table
and bring up the context menu to find the same option.  You can also use
garageband but, I think thats more involved.

Ricardo Walker
rwalker...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org

On Aug 23, 2011, at 11:13 PM, Missy Hoppe wrote:

> Hello again. Sorry to bother you, but how do I convert the file that
> imports into Itunes into an mp3, or even an .ogg. I copied the file,
> which was insanely huge by the way, onto a flash drive so that I could
> convert it in gold wave, but it's an m4A or something like that, and goldwave
> can't open it. I know absolutely nothing
about Itunes, but if you could please tell me how to convert this file into a
format I can use on my booksense or NLS player,
I would really, really appreciate it.
> Thanks again, and I hope that you're having a great day!
> Missy

an audio file.