Hi, I am behind with my mail reading so not sure if you got many replies yet. Some additional random thoughts: Software on the mac is generally less expensive then on the pc and some great software is even free of charge included with the mac and accessible (garageband for example, i seem to remember that sonar on iwndows is quite expensive and requires many jaws scripts). I think your back up points is very important but also that it is possible and even very easy to reinstall the mac as a blind person. With windows this is also doable but certainly not as easy. IF for some reason you need to use windows on a mac, foryour work for example, then it also has added benefits (if you dont need to edit audio a lot then you would need to use an external soundcard) above using just a windows box (if you only use it less then 50 per cent i would say) because you can install any windows within vmware fusion without sighted help and it is very easy to back up that windows virtual file to an external drive. Also you dont need to manually install any drivers and there is no trickyness with graphic cards and screenreaders. This is all I can think of right now but contact me if you want to brain storm further.
Greetings, Anouk,